*Thank you to everyone who applied for a position, we had an outstanding response. Applications for these positions are now closed*
Are you passionate about enhancing the confidence and well-being of young people in Ireland? We’re looking for enthusiastic people to join the Gaisce Council and help us continue to provide an innovative programme for anyone in Ireland aged 15-25 who dreams big and wants to realise their potential!
Since our inception in 1985, an estimated 300,000 young people have participated in the Gaisce – The President\’s Award programme with current annual participation rates of more than 20,000 young people. As we move towards our 35th anniversary in 2020, we are looking to fill a number of vacancies on the prestigious Gaisce council with a broad range of members from across the youth sector and key industries, such as business and organisational development, communications and advocacy, fundraising, governance, legal and HR.
What you will be doing
- Playing a vital role in the strategic leadership of Gaisce – The President\’s Award, and helping the Council fulfil its responsibilities in its stewardship of the organisation
- Attending meetings of the Council, where much of the detailed scrutiny of activities takes place
- Helping us to identify new, diverse and successful ways to ensure our long-term sustainability
- Most importantly of all, helping us continue to support any young person in Ireland who wishes to take up the President\’s challenge to dream big and realise their potential.
What we’re looking for
You’ll be passionate about and strongly committed to the values and goals of Gaisce. You’ll have gained demonstrable experience of:
- Experience or interest of policies and systems which enable and support young people, youth work and active citizenship
- Understanding of the origins, rationale and role of Gaisce
- Understanding of the main governance policies for a charity
- Ability to understand financial reports and accounts
- Understanding of the main organisation risks and how to manage them
- Understanding of the role of a council member, to act independently, in the best interests of the organisation at all times
We would particularly welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds and from all regions of the country. Given the work of the Council and the aims of Gaisce, we would also especially welcome those who are under the age of 35.
Please note: This is an unpaid role, although travel and expenses will be reimbursed according to Gaisce\’s expenses policy, which operates on a receipts basis, and incorporates Civil Services rates. There are a total of seven Gaisce Council positions available, three of which run until February 2018, with a further four running for an initial period of three years.
How to apply