Administrator Job Description-2018
Job Title: Administrator
Reporting To: The Office Manager
Hours: 28 hrs per week
Salary: Pro rata €25,000 FTE
Duration: 1 year
Location: Ratra House, Phoenix Park, Dublin 8, D08 YD62
We are seeking to recruit an experienced Administrator. This is an initial one year contract position. The Administrator will report to the Office Manager and work closely with other administration team members.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
• Provide reception cover – answering incoming and internal switchboard calls, dealing with requests and enquiries and taking messages as required
• Provide timely and efficient administration support to the business
• Ensure all administrative tasks are completed accurately and within required timelines
• Update manage and maintain database systems as required
• Use Excel spreadsheets to track information, generate statistics and reports
• General Office Administration duties e.g. filing, meet and greet, arranging couriers/taxis, preparing certificates and awards for dispatch, preparing paperwork for meetings and training workshops
• Absence cover for other administration team members
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
• Excellent customer service skills
• Ability to work on own initiative within the assigned tasks and duties
• Excellent proficiency in English with strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Strong literacy and numeracy skills
• Excellent organisational skills and great attention to accuracy and detail
• Self-confidence and ability to innovate within the realm of the administration function
• Excellent IT skills including proficiency with Microsoft Office
• Perform other duties appropriate to the role which may be required/agreed from time to time.
• Confidential, discreet and professional at all times
• An Administrative qualification or similar experience in a busy administration role.
• Competence in Salesforce (or equivalent)
• A minimum of 2 year’s Administrative experience in an Office environment
• Experience in financial administration
This role is subject to Garda vetting and reference checks.
This is a 1-year fixed term appointment with a 3-month probationary period. The appointment is covered by the Single Public Service Pension Scheme and membership of the scheme will be compulsory for the successful candidate. There is a pro rata holiday entitlement of 25 days in the first year, excluding public holidays.
Applications for the post are by application form only. Completed application forms should be sent either by email to email@example.com with the subject line ‘Administrator’ or by post (marked ‘Private & Confidential’) to: Gaisce – The President’s Award, Ratra House, North Road, Phoenix Park, Dublin 8, D08 YD62. Queries can be addressed to the same email address.
Closing dates for applications is 5pm, Wednesday, 14th February 2018.
Applications can be dowloaded here
All applications received within the deadline will be screened against the role requirements and the person specification.
Gaisce, Gradam an Uachtaráin – the President’s Award is committed to best practice and operates on the basis of equal opportunities. Applications are therefore invited from all suitably qualified and eligible candidates. Appointment will be based solely on merit and canvassing will disqualify.