What is FutureTalks?
The FutureTalks series is an opportunity for Gaisce participants to connect on and explore future education and career paths and learn about how they can make their voices heard.
This is a 5-part series where 3 sessions will be on Zoom 💻 and 2 in person at Gaisce’s HQ 👋 in Dublin!
Who is this for?
If you are a Gaisce – The President’s Award participant (Bronze, Silver or Gold) and you have refugee status or are currently seeking asylum in Ireland, this is for you.
- If you live outside of Dublin we will provide the transport and your lunch at the 2 in person sessions.
- Your expenses will be covered in order to attend regardless of where you’re coming from in Ireland.
- The sessions will be delivered primarily through the English language however we will be ensuring that your language needs are supported so you can interact and enjoy all elements of the sessions! Please indicate your preferred language in the form.
Across 5 sessions, you will get practical information and advice on:
- Future career & education paths
- How to write a CV
- How to set up a LinkedIn profile by a member of the LinkedIn staff
- How you can contribute to things you are passionate about
- Explore what you would like your next step to be
- Meet other Gaisce participants & make new connections
If you are a Gaisce participant and currently seeking asylum or have refugee status, then the FutureTalks series is for you.
When are the sessions?
The sessions will be informative, practical and interactive with various facilitators.
Session 1: Wednesday 17th of November 6:30pm-7:30pm – ZOOM
Session 2: Saturday 27th of November 11-2pm – Dublin (lunch & transport will be provided)
Session 3: Wednesday 1st of December 6:30-8pm – ZOOM
Session 4: Wednesday 8th of December (time TBC) – ZOOM
Session 5: Sunday 12th of December 11-2pm- Dublin (lunch & transport will be provided)
About this event
Sign up as an expression of interest to get involved.
We want the five sessions to be as interactive and practical as possible so there are limited spaces. Please register your expression of interest here to show that you are interested in attending and we will be in touch soon. If you have any questions about this event please contact Sanaz – firstname.lastname@example.org
What you will need to participate:
Attend all 5 sessions
A quiet location (if that’s available!)
Laptop with built-in mic and camera [recommended over a phone for comfortable viewing and participation in the chat]
Please consider attending with your video on – this very much enhances the chat and you will be more recognisable to others in attendance! 😊
Accessing the event:
🖥️ We will send out a Zoom link a day before and a half-hour before the event. Please ensure you register with an email address you access regularly. We will send you a reminder 2 days before the event too, but if you can, please add this event to your relevant calendar once you receive your Eventbrite confirmation email.