We are looking for friendly and outgoing Gaisce Participants, and Awardees, who would like to assist the President of Ireland, Michael D. Higgins, and Áras an Uachtaráin with their upcoming Garden Parties this June and July. The role involves meeting and greeting attendees, helping with queries and acting as Gaisce ambassadors at the events. You must be 18 years or over and based in Dublin to volunteer at this event.
About the President’s Garden Parties:
Following in the tradition of previous Presidents, President Michael D Higgins and his wife Sabina will host a number of garden parties in Áras an Uachtaráin. Áras an Uachtaráin have asked Gaisce if we can help in the management of the garden parties (7 in all and one concert) by recruiting volunteer stewards to assist Áras staff in welcoming guests.
• Meet and greet attendees as they arrive at Áras an Uachtaráin Garden Parties.
• Help to direct attendees.
• Be responsive – answering questions & providing information where possible.
• Provide information on your own personal experience of Gaisce, when asked.
• Forward on queries to event staff if unsure of the answer.
• Help with other event tasks as required.
Who is this suitable for?
If you are;
• Friendly, outgoing and welcoming.
• Comfortable with approaching new people.
• A good timekeeper.
• Comfortable being on your feet for up to 6 hours.
• A good communicator.
• Able to ask for help if you’re unsure of anything!
Each volunteer shift is approximately 6 hours long.
Before getting a bus to Áras an Uachtaráin, you will meet Gaisce staff and receive your free Gaisce volunteer t-shirt.
When you arrive at Áras an Uachtaráin you will receive a full briefing from Áras an Uachtaráin staff.
Lunch is provided.
Dates of the Garden Parties:
Sunday, 10th June
Wednesday, 13th June
Saturday, 16th June
Friday, 22nd June
Monday, 25th June
Wednesday, 27th June
Friday, 29th June
Sunday, 1st July
Locations: Áras an Uachtaráin, Phoenix Park, Dublin 8
How to Apply:
If you’re interested then please complete the survey through this link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/MQSW3FR
Due to high demand for this role, volunteers will be chosen based on random selection. Once selected you will receive further information via email.