The Minister for Children and Youth Affairs invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for one immediate vacancy on the Council and to establish a panel for forthcoming vacancies. To establish a panel, the Minister welcomes applications from all profiles with preference given to those with finance/accountancy competency for the immediate vacancy.
Candidates must demonstrate in their application evidence of:
• Interest in and experience of, policies and systems which enable and support young people, youth work and active citizenship
• Knowledge of the origins, rationale and role of Gaisce
• Knowledge and experience of the governance of a charity
• The ability to understand financial reports and accounts
• Knowledge and experience of risk management and of the main organisational risks
• Knowledge and experience of the role of a Council member, to act independently, in the best interests of the organisation at all times.
• Experience of non-executive board membership
• Experience of chairing committees
• Experience of designing, implementing, operating or auditing Internal Control Framework
• Knowledge of best practice in Corporate Governance
Submitting your Expression of Interest
Having considered the general suitability criteria for membership of the Gaisce Council, you should consider carefully how your background and experience fits with the specific appointment criteria set out in the Person Specification section in this booklet.
Interested person should submit
• a Curriculum Vitae
• a cover letter (to include the reasons for seeking a position on the Gaisce council
Expressions of interest may be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 15.00 on Friday 18th September 2020