Position: Governance and Administration Officer
Reporting to: The Office Manager
Contract: Initial 12-month contract with opportunity to extend to permanent position
Location: Phoenix Park, Dublin
Salary: €30-35K (DOE)
Gaisce – The President’s Award is seeking to recruit an organised and enthusiastic administrator to support, manage and report on governance compliance; to manage (in a non-technical capacity) the organisation’s data systems; and to assist in day-to-day financial administration. The role is an opportunity for an ambitious administrator to take on a more senior role and make a significant contribution to the effective and efficient day-to-day operation of Gaisce-The President’s Award.
The role of the Governance and Administration Officer will be to ensure Gaisce is compliant to a high standard with all aspects of governance obligations and to administer the organisation’s data systems (currently, Salesforce CRM and a bespoke online system), furnishing senior members of staff with appropriate reports as required. The Governance and Administration Officer will also be responsible for financial administration. Line managed by the Office Manager working within the administration team, some direct reporting responsibilities will be to the CEO and members of the senior management team. For the correct candidate, consideration may be given pro rata for lesser hour working week than envisaged full time role.
About Gaisce – The President’s Award
Gaisce – The President’s Award is a self-development programme for young people which enhances confidence and wellbeing through participation in personal, physical and community challenges. Gaisce is a direct challenge from the President of Ireland to young people aged 15-25 to dream big and realise their potential. Gaisce is non-competitive and self-directed. Participants choose their own activities and goals with the support of a trained adult mentor, their President’s Award Leader (or PAL). The Gaisce programme is delivered by over 1,200 PALs working and volunteering in a variety of organisations across Ireland (Gaisce Award Partners). There are three levels of Gaisce – Bronze, Silver and Gold. The more time and energy participants give, the greater their reward. For more information about Gaisce, please visit gaiscedev.wpengine.com.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure Gaisce remains compliant with the Governance Code through regular review and by scheduling updating/renewing of policies and procedures as required;
- Ensure Gaisce honours all deadlines in relation to CRO, CRA and other regulatory or legislative responsibilities;
- Provide all necessary support to Gaisce’s Data Protection Officer to ensure the organisation complies fully with GDPR responsibilities and that all GDPR-related policies and procedures are implemented and remain current;
- Undertake board secretary functions to include: supporting the CEO in preparation of Council reports and papers; circulation of agenda, minute and papers; preparing annual schedule of Council meetings; attendance at Council meeting and minute taking; supporting Council sub-committees and organising additional Council meetings as necessary.
Data Systems Administration
- Collating data from Salesforce and other systems and generating quarterly, annual and ad hoc reports for the senior management team, ensuring data is reliable and robust;
- Support the organisation in maximising the use of CRM and internal systems, in time supporting/training new staff in application;
- Liaise with staff and external IT support companies to ensure systems are functioning appropriately.
- Co-ordinate e-tenders and procurement quotations;
- Manage all administration related to registration income (weekly reconciliation of income against invoices; following up on invoices; confirming payments etc.)
- Lodging cheques and postal orders monthly;
- Raising POs for approval by relevant line managers;
- Preparing monthly payments for approval by CEO (ensuring all invoices are matched with appropriate PO and signed by relevant budget manager; creating payments on online banking system for payment etc.)
- Supporting external bookkeeper in preparation of monthly management accounts, revenue obligations etc;
- Supporting Auditor in preparation of annual audit.
- Undertake other duties as may be reasonably required from time to time, commensurate with the nature of the post.
- To act in the best interest of Gaisce and in line with the vision and mission of the organisation.
Skills / Experience (Essential)
- Professional qualification and min. 2 years’ experience in administration or a similar role.
- Experience using a CRM (preferably Salesforce).
- Familiarity with the Governance Code for C&V organisations.
- Minute taking and/or providing high-level administrative support to CEO/manager or senior executive.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (in English) with good attention to detail.
- Excellent organisational and planning skills.
- Good IT skills.
Skills / Experience (Desirable)
- Governance / HR policy development and implementation.
- Experience in implementing the Governance Code for C&V organisations.
- Project Management.
- Attention to detail.
- Positive outlook.
Reporting to the Office Manager, the successful candidate will be a member of the administration team and work, on occasion, with and report to the CEO and other members of the senior management team.
This is a 1-year fixed term appointment with an opportunity to convert to a permanent position. There will be a 3-month probationary period. Salary will be in the region of €30-35K (DOE). The appointment is covered by the Single Public Service Pension Scheme and membership of the scheme will be compulsory for the successful candidate. There is a holiday entitlement of 25 days, excluding public holidays.
Applications for the post are by application form only. Completed application forms should be sent either by email to email@example.com or by post (marked ‘Private & Confidential’ and \’Ref: Governance & Administration’) to: Gaisce – The President\’s Award, Ratra House, North Road, Phoenix Park, Dublin D08 YD62. Queries can be addressed to the same email address.
Closing dates for applications is 5pm, Monday 15th October 2018 with a view to interviews being held week commencing 29th October, 2018.
All applications received within the deadline will be screened against the role requirements and the person specification.
Gaisce, Gradam an Uachtaráin – the President’s Award is committed to best practice and operates on the basis of equal opportunities. Applications are therefore invited from all suitably qualified and eligible candidates. Appointment will be based solely on merit and canvassing will disqualify.