WIN A TRIP TO THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT IN STRASBOURG WITH YOUR PARTICIPANTS!
Gaisce, in partnership with the European Parliament Liaison Office in Ireland is offering Gaisce participants a fantastic opportunity to travel to the European Parliament in Strasbourg to take part in Euroscola in March 2023 and experience what it’s like to be an MEP for a day.
Euroscola brings together students between 16–18 years old from all 27 EU Member States, applicant countries and former Member States and allows students to get together, debate, take sides, negotiate, amend, vote and finally adopt resolutions on real European issues.
We are looking for one group of up to 24 Gaisce participants to travel to Strasbourg with 2 teachers in late March 2023.
The EU Green Deal lays out a plan on how Europe can come together to tackle climate change. Groups can play their part in the European Climate Pact through the Community Involvement area of their Gaisce Award. The Community Involvement challenge area normally has a certain degree of active Global Citizenship towards the SDGs.
Groups interested in applying are asked to create a digital presentation to promote Global Citizenship in their Community involvement challenge area and how they see it linked to the European Green Deal.
Dates and Tasks
10th February — Submit digital presentation
20th February — Team notified of result and the winning team begins preparation for their trip (EU Parliament office will provide further details).
30th March — Euroscola session in Strasbourg
Please read the following details before applying
- Teams that submit applications must be registered Gaisce participants
- Each group can only submit one PowerPoint per team
- There can be more than one team from a school, however each team much have at least 24 participants
- Submissions can be emailed to Ger@gaisce.ie
- Gaisce may share entries on the Gaisce website or social media
- Entering the competition means schools allow the European Parliament Liaison Office to use entry on social media.
- The PowerPoint should be three minutes or under with spoken content explaining the presentation
- PowerPoints must not use copyrighted material (e.g. pictures of celebrities, logos etc.)
The team chosen to travel must:
- Be available to travel to Strasbourg to participate in Euroscola on March 30th
- Have valid passports/identity cards
- Use the full subsidy of approx. 350 EUR per person to fund the trip. Please note that the total cost may not be fully covered by the subsidy and additional costs will be met by school or participants
- Complete feedback forms for Gaisce after they travel (participants and teachers)
- Write a short article about the whole experience which Gaisce and the European Parliament Liaison Office in Ireland will share on social media and on their website
- Book flights, accommodation and any optional activities. The school will cover initial travel costs and be reimbursed by the European Parliament after the trip
If you have any questions, email Ger- Ger@gaisce.ie or call 01 617 1999.