Would you like to be an event volunteer at one of Áras an Uachtaráin’s Garden Parties this June?
We are looking for friendly and outgoing Gaisce participants, and awardees, who would like to assist the Áras an Uachtaráin with their upcoming Garden Parties this June. The role involves meeting and greeting attendees, helping with queries and acting as Gaisce ambassadors at the events. You must be 18 years or over to volunteer at this event.
About the President’s Garden Parties
Following in the tradition of previous Presidents, President Michael D. Higgins and his wife Sabina host a number of garden parties in Áras an Uachtaráin. Áras an Uachtaráin have asked Gaisce if we can help in the management of the garden parties (7 in all) by recruiting volunteer stewards to assist Áras staff in welcoming guests.
- Meet and greet attendees as they arrive at Áras an Uachtaráin Garden Parties
- Help to direct attendees
- Be responsive – answering questions & providing information where possible
- Provide information on your own personal experience of Gaisce, when asked
- Forward on queries to event staff if unsure of the answer
- Help with other event tasks as required
Who is this suitable for? If you are:
- Friendly, outgoing and welcoming
- Comfortable with approaching new people
- A good timekeeper
- Comfortable being on your feet for up to 6 hours
- A good communicator
- Able to ask for help if you’re unsure of anything!
Reasonable public transport expenses from Dublin and surrounding areas with a receipt will be covered.
Each volunteer shift is approximately 6 hours long.
Before getting a bus to Áras an Uachtaráin, you will meet Gaisce staff and receive your free volunteer t-shirt.
When you arrive at Áras an Uachtaráin you will receive a full briefing from Áras an Uachtaráin staff.
Lunch is provided.
If you are interested in volunteering at a Garden Party, please fill out this application form by 5pm Wednesday 22nd May 2019.
Dates of the Garden Parties
- Wednesday 5th June
- Saturday 8th June
- Friday 14th June
- Sunday 16th June
- Wednesday 19th June
- Friday 21st June
- Sunday 23rd June