The International Gold Event (IGE) is a global leadership gathering for you, the future generation of decision makers and influencers, to shape and deliver the International Award worldwide.
We are delighted to announce that Gaisce- The President’s Award has been invited to take part in this years event which will be held in South Korea in October.
The purpose of the event is to provide an opportunity for Gold Award holders to meet one another and exchange ideas to help build the Award both nationally and internationally. The event will also give participants a chance to build relationships with other Gold Award holders from all over the world and hear other peoples Gold Award experiences. For more information on the event click here.
It will take place from Wednesday 22nd of October to Sunday 2nd November 2014 at the National Youth Centre of Korea in Cheonan and at a youth hostel in Seoul.
We are excited to give two Gaisce Gold Award holders an opportunity to take part in this amazing event. If you are interested in applying for a place, please fill out the application form. As places are limited, we suggest you use the application form to tell us why you would be the best candidate to represent Gaisce.
Meals, accommodation and registration costs are covered by Gaisce, though there may be a partial contribution needed by participants towards flights.
Closing date for applications is Friday 23rd May at 5pm.
Criteria for Selection for IGE 2014
To be considered as a delegate at the IGE you:
- Must be aged 19-30 years
- Must have already achieved a Gold Gaisce Award (ideally a Silver and Bronze Award also.)
- Must have shown commitment to the Gaisce programme through active engagement
- Must have potential and desire to rise to the highest level of volunteer leadership within Gaisce
- Must be passionate about the Gaisce Award programme
- Must be able to converse comfortably in English and be able to express your views clearly
- Ideally be a registered President’s Award Leader (PAL) or be interested in becoming one
- Ideally have illustrated leadership in your life through the Gaisce programme
What Gaisce Needs From You
We want to you use this experience to make lifelong memories and to have fun while also contributing to the future of the Award programme. If selected to represent Gaisce at the IGE, you must be willing to produce a report outlying your experience at the event and send it to Gaisce within two weeks of return. You can also send photos or make a video diary showcasing the event.