Overview of the role of the Communications Officer
We are looking for an enthusiastic, experienced, and professional candidate to:
- Drive Gaisce’s communication activities in accordance with our strategic plan, identifying and implementing communications opportunities supporting the Head of Communications and Engagement.
- Deliver the schedule of Gaisce events and ceremonies.
- Support and develop relationships with third party agencies including media, PR, print and display, merchandise etc.
- Support the engagement and development of our Gaisce Awardee community (those who have fully completed their Awards).
- Develop Gaisce’s capacity and innovations for our online, hybrid, and in-person events.
- Support the engagement and development of partnerships with Gaisce ‘Challenge Partners’.
- Communication support and collateral development and delivery for key stakeholders.
- Support the Gaisce Awards Development and Administration teams in achieving the organisations shared vision and objectives.
We are seeking a well-organised individual with a keen eye for detail (written and practical), someone who can show initiative, take responsibility for tasks, and is able to form positive relationships with those who have a stake or interest in Gaisce – The President’s Award.
The successful candidate will have marketing and/or PR and event management experience, outstanding interpersonal skills, a flexible and team-focused approach, and excellent IT skills. Experience supporting a diverse range of audiences, particularly young people is an advantage.
The Communications Team
The post holder will be part of a successful and close-knit team, reporting to the Head of Communications and Engagement. This role will also work closely with the Digital Media and Communications Officer.
Whilst each member of the team has well-defined core responsibilities, the team is expected to work collaboratively to ensure the overall successful achievement of the Gaisce Awards’ development goals. In practice, this will mean assisting other members of the wider Gaisce team in carrying out some of their functions.
Note: If you encounter any issues with this job ad on our website or socials, please report it to firstname.lastname@example.org.