The Community Involvement Challenge Area is an opportunity for Gaisce participants to volunteer with a wide variety of community groups and charities helping people, animals or communal activities.
Gaisce is often people’s first experience of volunteering and active citizenship.
Volunteering is a great way to connect with their community, gain confidence, make new friends/network and develop new skills.
Community involvement empowers you to have a voice and make a difference in your communities.
- Experience a greater sense of belonging and value by supporting others or being a part of making community goals happen
- Make a real difference to the lives of others
- Increased awareness of the needs and problems of others
- Gain responsibility and leadership experience
- Meet new people and expand their personal network
- Discover their own passions, confidence and ideas
- Develop empathy for others
Helping children in a school or club e.g. afterschool activities or reading • Visiting older people • Community mural • Support people with special needs • Community campaigns e.g. litter picking, cyber safety, recycling.