1. The theme is “Safeguarding the Future of our Bee Population” and entries of any moment or subject captured promoting pollination in action will be accepted.
3. Entrants should email photos to email@example.com as an attachment to email.
4. Entrants should include the title of their image and their own name, location, and contact telephone in the email submission.
5. Winners will receive a special BulbsForBees prize pack which includes a copy of Éanna Ní Lamhna’s new book Our Wild World, a BulbsForBees T-shirt, a trowel, bulbs and a compostable plant pot.
6. The competition is open to residents in the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland. Employees of Gaisce – The President’s Award as well as their immediate families are not eligible to enter. Entrants under the age of 16 years need to have parent or guardian consent to enter prior to submitting any images.
Entrants must not be professional photographers. For the purposes of this competition, a professional photographer will be considered to be someone who makes more than half their annual income from the sale of their photographs.
7. The competition closes on October 18th, 2021.
8. All entries must be the original work of the entrant, that they own the copyright and that they do not infringe the copyright or other rights of any other party or any laws. We are looking for original photographs, so entries must not have been published elsewhere (excluding social media) or have won any competition prize previously.
9. It is the responsibility of each entrant to ensure that any photographs they submit have been taken with the permission of any people featured or their parents/guardians if children under 16 are featured. All individuals featured should have been advised of the purposes of the submission of their photograph and that their photograph may be published by Gaisce. Where an individual is featured, the photographer must seek written consent, and present this to Gaisce if requested.
10. Entrants will retain copyright and moral rights in the photographs that they submit. By entering the competition all entrants:
11. Grant Gaisce – The President’s Award the non-exclusive right to use the photographs to promote the competition they were submitted for, including reproducing the photographs on Gaisce – The President’s Award digital channels (website, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram – with credit) or for similar future competitions.
12. Agree that Gaisce may contact them using the contact details they provided to discuss potential use of their photographs beyond the promotion of the competition.
13. Gaisce will ensure that the photographer will always be credited whenever his or her images is used or published by Gaisce.
14. Gaisce – The President’s Award reserves the right to cancel this competition or alter any of the rules at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion, and if circumstances arise outside of its control.
Please take your photos responsibly!