Marketing and Communications Officer
GAISCE – THE PRESIDENT’S AWARD / JOB SPECIFICATION
Position: Marketing and Communications Officer
Reporting to: Marketing and Communications Manager
Contract: Full-time, 3 year contract with a 6 – month probationary period.
Salary: €32,000 – €34,000 DOE
Location: Dublin (some travel may be necessary)
Gaisce – The President’s Award is looking for a motivated and experienced individual, to deliver its marketing, communications and engagement strategy and play a key role in supporting the marketing and communications team.
The promotion of all that we do through traditional and digital channels is a complex procedure with great potential which has become increasingly important for us here in Gaisce. The Marketing and Communications Officer will assist in the planning, execution and optimisation of our both our online and offline marketing efforts.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for all things marketing and technology. They will be well-versed in the concepts surrounding traditional and digital marketing and communications and how the Internet can become a strong asset to securing growing revenue. They will be tech-savvy and intuitive with great ideas to reinforce our marketing objectives.
About Gaisce – The President’s Award
Gaisce – The President’s Award is a self-development programme for young people aged 15-25 which enhances confidence and well-being through participation in personal, physical and community challenges. Gaisce is a direct challenge from the President of Ireland to young people aged 15-25 to dream big and realise their potential. Gaisce is non-competitive: participants are encouraged to choose their own activities and goals with the support of a trained, adult President’s Award Leader (or PAL). There are three levels of Gaisce – Bronze, Silver and Gold. The more time and energy participants give, the greater their reward.
The Gaisce programme is delivered by over 1,500 active PALs working and volunteering across a variety of more than 700 organisations (‘Gaisce Award Partners’), primarily in the fields of youth, community and education. More than 25,000 young people register annually to do their Gaisce Award. In over 30 years of existence, more than 150,000 Gaisce Awards have been achieved.
Completing a Gaisce Award is a significant achievement for a young person and remains significant often long after the award has been presented. For some young people, achieving a Gaisce Award is nothing short of life changing. In recognition of the unique position of Gaisce awardees, Gaisce has developed an awardee engagement strategy designed to connect and actively engage awardees in the Gaisce ‘movement’.
About this Role
Reporting to the Marketing and Communications Manager, the role of the Marketing and Communications Officer will be to assist in the formulation of strategies to build a lasting and effective connection with our key stakeholders
The role will also involve planning and leading on the internal communications strategy, delivery of the external communications strategy, the management of the Gaisce website, the maintenance of the ongoing organisational presence on social media together with launching optimised online advertisements to increase company and brand awareness where applicable.
- Establish and lead on the internal communications strategy.
- Ensure organisational initiatives and objectives are successfully communicated to all employees and stakeholders.
- Ensure internal communications messages are consistent across all mediums and for external communications.
- Assist in the formulation of strategies to build a lasting connection employees, Council and other key internal stakeholders.
- Lead in the development and implementation of the Gaisce communications strategy to reach and engage with key stakeholders.
- Oversee and ensure accuracy of all Gaisce’s online and printed communication materials.
- Ensure all communications activities are managed appropriately, professionally and in line with best practice and data protection legislation.
- Act as brand guardian across all channels, ensuring brand consistency and brand guidelines are adhered to both internally and externally.
- Help maintain and grow the catalogue of branded templates and resources, including PPT, word templates, infographics, boilerplate and case studies.
- Maintain and update the Gaisce website ensuring content and design is regularly reviewed and optimised to support the user journey and experience.
- Be actively involved in SEO efforts (keyword, image optimisation).
- Measure performance of digital marketing efforts using a variety of Web analytics tools (Google Analytics, WebTrends).
- Plan and monitor the ongoing organisational presence on social media (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn).
- Launch optimised online adverts through Google AdWords, Facebook etc. to increase organisation, brand and campaign awareness.
- Prepare online newsletters and promotional emails and organise their distribution through various channels such as Mail Chimp.
- Acquire insight in online marketing trends and keep strategies up-to-date.
- Respond to press enquiries, write press releases and briefings and prepare policy positions and submissions.
- Assist in the coordination and management of all Gaisce award ceremonies and events.
- In collaboration with colleagues, create, offer and manage engagement opportunities for participants so that they may inform Gaisce’s work and be involved in the organisation;
- Undertake other duties as may be reasonably required from time to time and in line with the nature of the organisation;
- Act in the best interest of Gaisce – The President’s Award and in line with the vision and mission of the organisation.
Person Specification (E: essential; D: desirable)
Knowledge, Training and Qualification
- Graduate or equivalent (E).
- Highly IT literate with strong grasp of CRM software and data management (E).
- Strong knowledge of key issues related to working with alumni and/or volunteers (D).
Skills and Attributes
- Minimum 3 years proven experience as Marketing Executive or similar role (E).
- Excellent understanding of digital marketing concepts and best practices (E).
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build strong working relationships and interact with stakeholders in a professional and appropriate manner (E).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (in English) (E).
- Demonstrable ability to build and maintain relationships with a diversity of people (E).
- Strong IT skills and understanding of digital communication, including web, email marketing and social media (E).
- Working knowledge of ad serving tools. (D).
- Knowledge of web analytics tools (e.g. Google Analytics, WebTrends etc.) (E).
- Skills and experience in creative content writing (D).
- Analytical mindset and critical thinking (E).
- Strong strategic, analytical and evaluation skills (E).
- Organisation, event planning, co-ordination and time-management skills (E).
- Ability to work in a team, cross-organisationally and on own initiative (E).
- Familiarity with the wider community and voluntary sector (youth sector a particular advantage) (D).
- Familiarity with the Gaisce programme (D).
Gaisce’s Core Competency Framework
Gaisce has identified six key abilities required across the organisation to ensure the organisation can deliver and excel. These are:
- Personal & Professional Development
- Planning, Scheduling and Delivery
- Problem Solving
- Relationship Building
- Marketing and Communications Team.
- Operations Team.
Gaisce is motivated by the following four core values:
Empowerment | Inclusion and Equality | Respect | Excellence
We are committed to ensuring these core values are embedded across all areas of our work, and in our practice and processes.
Gaisce seeks to ensure that our programme contributes to making a difference: in the lives of young people who participate; to the communities those young people belong to; and to wider Irish society.
Inclusion and Equality
Gaisce seeks to ensure diversity in regard to: the young people participating in our programme; our partners; and our staff and council membership, with a view to achieving equality of access, participation and outcome for people from groups covered by the equality legislation and those who experience inequality on the basis of their socio-economic status.
Gaisce seeks to ensure high standards in its working relationships, by valuing and taking account of the diversity of our staff and stakeholders.
Gaisce seeks to ensure our work adheres to best practice standards and legal requirements and strives to continually innovate in achieving our mission
Terms of Employment
This is a fixed term appointment. The appointment is covered by the Single Public Service Pension Scheme and membership of the scheme will be compulsory for the successful candidate. Standard hours for officer level are 35 hours per week. There is a holiday entitlement of 25days per annum with this role, excluding public holidays.
Applications for the post are by application form only. Completed application forms should be sent either by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘Marketing and Communications Officer Role’ or by post (marked ‘Private & Confidential’) to: Gaisce – The President’s Award, Ratra House, North Road, Phoenix Park, Dublin D08 YD62. Queries can be addressed to the same email address.
Closing dates for applications is 5pm, Wednesday 20th June 2018, with a view to interviews being held week commencing 2nd July 2018
To apply for this role simply Download an Application Form Here
All applications received within the deadline will be screened against the role requirements and the person specification.
Gaisce, Gradam an Uachtaráin – the President’s Award is committed to best practice and operates on the basis of equal opportunities. Applications are therefore invited from all suitably qualified and eligible candidates. Appointment will be based solely on merit and canvassing will disqualify.